Cotswold Dream Home: Georgian gem
- Credit: Archant
A lovely example of a significant Georgian country home, offering a spectacular interior and views to Coopers Hill
What: Witcombe Court is a significant Grade II listed Georgian country house of which No 4 comprises a major part. It is conveniently located for Cheltenham or Gloucester and has fine views to Coopers Hill.
Where: Little Witcombe, Gloucestershire.
Inside: Accommodation includes entrance hall; kitchen/dining room full of period features, including slate flooring, stone fireplace, beamed ceiling and working shutters; panelled drawing room with wood-burning stove; family room; office/study; games room and wine cellar. There are two high-ceilinged double bedrooms on the first floor, newly installed wet room and a study area on the landing above. The lower ground floor has been converted to provide a third double bedroom with en suite bathroom, a games room, family room and office with outer door. One floor would be ideal to run as either an independent apartment or a home business with separate entrance.
Outside: The secure sun terrace has a fire pit for entertaining, while the courtyard below can accommodate several cars and is flanked by the garden, which includes a rockery with water feature. There is also an outbuilding and single garage.
How much: £495,000.
Find out more… Visit homes24.co.uk or call Murrays on 01452 814655.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great cafes
- 10 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s