Devon Wheels 2 Work host open day at new showroom
- Credit: Archant
Devon Wheels 2 Work invites the public to visit new showroom in Holsworthy on 26 April
Devon Wheels 2 Work, a not-for-profit social enterprise which provides a scooter and motorcycle rental scheme, is inviting the public to visit its new ‘Devon Moto’ showroom in Holsworthy on Saturday 26 April.
The showroom will be officially opened at 11am by Lembit Opik, who is heavily involved with the Motorcycle Action Group.
The open day will be an opportunity to find out more about the business, which also sells helmets, clothing and accessories and offers MOTs, services and repairs for motorcycles.
Devon Wheels 2 Work, which is partly subsidised by Devon County Council, has been operating since 2001 and provides loans of scooters and motorcycles to individuals across the county to help them access work, education and training.
Aside from council support, funds are generated from sales of clothing, helmets and accessories at its motorcycle workshop, and any surplus is reinvested into the Wheels 2 Work initiative.
There are currently around 30 Wheels 2 Work Schemes in England, but Devon is one of only a few which operates as an independent business.
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
Max Jowett, Chief Executive, said: “Devon is leading the way in the sustainable development of Wheels 2 Work in the UK and this move marks the start of an exciting future for our business. We are creating an accessible motorcycle destination and are keen to welcome bikers from across Devon and beyond.”
The official opening will take place at Unit 1 Neet Way, Dobles Lane Industrial Estate, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6ES on Saturday 26 April 10am-6pm.
For more information visit www.devonwheels2work.co.uk.