Dyrham Park and Dyrham village join forces for Glorious Gardens weekend
- Credit: Archant
Dyrham Park’s West Garden will form part of a trail of picturesque gardens for Dyrham’s Glorious Gardens weekend.
Taking place on Saturday June 14 and Sunday June 15, the event will be raising money for the £500,000 Dyrham Park Roof Appeal. Thousands of visitors are expected to take advantage of the opportunity to explore gardens beyond the National Trust property’s boundary.
After heading down the iconic drive, visitors will head through the courtyard and into the gardens – where the borders are in full bloom, with tulips, alliums and roses and a wealth of other interesting flowers and plants. There is also a large pond, quaint wildflower meadow and croquet lawn to enjoy.
People will then be given the unique opportunity to head out of the West Gates and into the pretty village of Dyrham, where some of the houses will be opening their gardens for the event. From traditional cottage gardens to pristine country gardens, there will be plenty to see.
Refreshments will be available at Dyrham Park tea-room and courtyard kiosk and in some of the village gardens as well as plants for sale at the Dyrham Park shop, car park and in some of the village gardens.
The 17th Century National Trust property is embarked on a £3.5m project to replace the leaking roof. Of this, £500,000 must be raised by the property and the money raised from this Glorious Gardens event will all go towards the roof appeal.
Dale Dennehy, Garden & Park Manager at Dyrham Park, said: “We’ve had so many comments about how wonderful our gardens are looking at the moment and a lot of interest in our plant sales, so we thought we’d offer people the chance to see even more and raise money and awareness for our roof appeal at the same time.
- 1 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 4 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical
- 5 Heritage Open Days 2021: 14 unusual places to visit in Devon
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 8 Win cinema tickets to The V&A presents Alice: Curiouser and Curiouser
- 9 Louise Minchin on why she's leaving the BBC
- 10 9 of the best coffee shops and beach cafes on the Suffolk coast
“We’re working closely with our lovely neighbours in Dyrham village to create one of the finest open style gardens events in the area and are looking forward to showcasing our gardens at their finest.”
Dyrham’s Glorious Gardens takes place from 10am-5pm on Sat June 14 and Sun June 15, 2014. Tickets £7.50 on the gate – giving you access to Dyrham Park’s West Garden and the open gardens in Dyrham village. Proceeds to the Dyrham Park Roof appeal.
More info at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/dyrhampark