East Cheshire Hospice 25th anniversary ball, Mere Golf & Spa Resort, Knutsford.
- Credit: Archant
Macclesfield-based East Cheshire Hospice marked its 25th anniversary with a glittering ball at the Mere Golf & Spa Resort in Knutsford.
Celebrities including Noddy Holder, Charlie Lawson, Jenny and Lee Boardman, Alison King and Hospice patron, Samia Ghadie, joined committed supporters and volunteers to celebrate this very special year for the Hospice.
Following a sparkling reception sponsored by Thorneycroft Solicitors, some 300 guests were treated to a surprise ‘Flashdance’ routine by students from Dance at the Smithy.
Auction prizes donated by Ryan Giggs, Jamie Donaldson, Peter Crouch and Samia whose partner, Dancing on Ice star Sylvain Longchambon also offered a private skating lesson, helped raise over £52,000.
There was dancing until the early hours to music from local band, The Screaming Beavers.
Organisers Claire Thorneycroft, Sharon Ronnie and Ginny Blunt who helped the Hospice with the ball were thrilled with the outcome. ‘The Hospice is such an important and essential part of our community,’ said Claire.
‘We were determined to mark this very important year and make this a night to remember.’
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 10 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)