Explore your creativity at Barbican Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Barbican Theatre is inviting 8-12+ year olds to try their increasingly popular Performance Training sessions this September.
Performance Training is a programme for young people to learn Dance and Theatre skills with professional artists.
Young people aged 8-11 can join the fun and imaginative Dance Moves and Theatre Moves, while 12+ year olds can explore different styles and techniques in Dance Junction and Theatre Junction.
For Boys aged 12+, the theatre runs an energetic all-male group where they can learn lifts and develop their strength, stamina and confidence. In Spring 2016 the Boys are planning to choreograph a performance inspired by work they will do with 2Faced Dance Company. This innovative company have a national reputation for outstanding, fresh and exciting physical work.
Performance Training is a great way for young people to make new friends, build their confidence and have lots of fun at the same time! All the theatre’s Performance Training groups train and rehearse alongside professional dance and theatre practitioners who are experienced in helping young people to develop their talents. During the sessions, they will create original dance and theatre performances to show to their friends and family.
Photo credit: Gem Ward - Photography
“Young people have always been at the heart of what we do.” says Sheila Snellgrove, Barbican Theatre’s Company Director ho founded the theatre 35 years ago.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
“We started Performance Training as we wanted to provide opportunities for young people to progress and reach their potential. Last year showed what amazing things the young participants can achieve with the support of our practitioners. The end of year performances were truly outstanding and it was incredible to see them performing on stage with such pride.”
In September, why not explore your creativity with a Performance Training taster session? To book a taster, simply email email@example.com or call the theatre on 01752 267131.
Dance Moves, Theatre Moves and Boys Dance take place on Monday evenings, while Dance Junction and Theatre Junction take place on Thursday evenings. All of these groups are based in Barbican Theatre’s auditorium at Castle Street, Plymouth, PL1 2NJ.
To find out more about Barbican Theatre and their Performance Training programme, visit www.barbicantheatre.co.uk or call 01752 267131.