Glorious Goodwood hosts the Best Dressed competition
- Credit: Archant
The sport of kings champions the queens of fashion.
Glorious Goodwood is about to become even more glorious! On Friday, 1 August, to celebrate a new racing partnership, L’Ormarins, sponsors of the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate Stakes, are offering the prize of a lifetime to the winner of the Best Dressed competition.
The judges will be looking for an exquisitely dressed lady, looking elegant in the signature colours of L’Ormarins, blue and white. To be selected as a finalist for a chance to win this unique prize to attend the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate race meeting in Cape Town in the height of the South African summer, the ladies will need to show that their polished look echoes the magnificence of the racing at Goodwood. A stunning hat is a must to complete this elegant look.
The prize on offer for two people includes:
•Overnight flights from London to Cape Town
•Five nights in a luxury hotel
•A private wine tasting and lunch at L’Ormarins wine estate and Drakenstein stud at Franschhoek
- 1 22 of the best South Devon pubs with views of the coast
- 2 WIN a weekend escape at St. Mellion Estate, Cornwall
- 3 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 4 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Kent
- 5 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 6 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 7 Why you should move to Kirk Langley near Derby
- 8 The best beer gardens in Hertfordshire
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 10 of the best pubs to visit in Hampshire
•Tour of the Franschhoek Motor Museum
•A free day for sightseeing at leisure
•A day at the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate race meeting at Kenilworth Racecourse on Saturday, 10 January, 2015
•Cocktails at the prestigious Merchants on Long
•Lunch at the fabulous Grand Cafe and Beach on Cape Town’s V&A waterfront
Adam Waterworth, Managing Director for Goodwood Racecourse said, ‘This is the first time we have introduced a Best Dressed Ladies competition to Glorious Goodwood and we are delighted that our sponsors for the day, L’Ormarins, are offering such a fantastic prize of a trip to South Africa in January 2015. We look forward to welcoming our racegoers dressed in blue and white.’
For further information on Glorious Goodwood, or to purchase tickets please visit www.goodwood.com or call the ticket office on 01243 755055.