Glorious Goodwood hosts the Best Dressed competition
- Credit: Archant
The sport of kings champions the queens of fashion.
Glorious Goodwood is about to become even more glorious! On Friday, 1 August, to celebrate a new racing partnership, L’Ormarins, sponsors of the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate Stakes, are offering the prize of a lifetime to the winner of the Best Dressed competition.
The judges will be looking for an exquisitely dressed lady, looking elegant in the signature colours of L’Ormarins, blue and white. To be selected as a finalist for a chance to win this unique prize to attend the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate race meeting in Cape Town in the height of the South African summer, the ladies will need to show that their polished look echoes the magnificence of the racing at Goodwood. A stunning hat is a must to complete this elegant look.
The prize on offer for two people includes:
•Overnight flights from London to Cape Town
•Five nights in a luxury hotel
•A private wine tasting and lunch at L’Ormarins wine estate and Drakenstein stud at Franschhoek
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
- 9 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 10 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022
•Tour of the Franschhoek Motor Museum
•A free day for sightseeing at leisure
•A day at the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate race meeting at Kenilworth Racecourse on Saturday, 10 January, 2015
•Cocktails at the prestigious Merchants on Long
•Lunch at the fabulous Grand Cafe and Beach on Cape Town’s V&A waterfront
Adam Waterworth, Managing Director for Goodwood Racecourse said, ‘This is the first time we have introduced a Best Dressed Ladies competition to Glorious Goodwood and we are delighted that our sponsors for the day, L’Ormarins, are offering such a fantastic prize of a trip to South Africa in January 2015. We look forward to welcoming our racegoers dressed in blue and white.’
For further information on Glorious Goodwood, or to purchase tickets please visit www.goodwood.com or call the ticket office on 01243 755055.