Gloucestershire charity needs votes to win funding
- Credit: Archant
Meningitis Trust/Meningitis UK has been shortlisted to scoop £3,000 in the Lloyds Bank Community Fund 2013 for the Stroud area.
Meningitis Trust/Meningitis UK chief executive Sue Davie said: “The money will make a great difference to our cause – we need to raise over £10,000 every day to fund our life-saving and life-changing services.
“The money will aid our fight to fund pioneering research to eradicate meningitis, help those touched by the dreaded disease and raise vital awareness.”
The community fund enables people across England and Wales to have a positive impact in their communities by giving more than 1,300 grants to good causes.
There are four good causes selected in each community to receive an award; two are given £3,000 each, while the others receive £300 each.
Voting closes November 1.
To vote or for more information on the initiative, visit the Dursley, Nailsworth, Stonehouse, Stroud Rowcroft or Wotton-under-Edge Lloyds branches, or online at: www.lloydsbank.com/communityfund
For more information on Meningitis Trust/UK, visit: www.meningitis-trust.org
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 7 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire