Gloucestershire charity needs votes to win funding
- Credit: Archant
Meningitis Trust/Meningitis UK has been shortlisted to scoop £3,000 in the Lloyds Bank Community Fund 2013 for the Stroud area.
Meningitis Trust/Meningitis UK chief executive Sue Davie said: “The money will make a great difference to our cause – we need to raise over £10,000 every day to fund our life-saving and life-changing services.
“The money will aid our fight to fund pioneering research to eradicate meningitis, help those touched by the dreaded disease and raise vital awareness.”
The community fund enables people across England and Wales to have a positive impact in their communities by giving more than 1,300 grants to good causes.
There are four good causes selected in each community to receive an award; two are given £3,000 each, while the others receive £300 each.
Voting closes November 1.
To vote or for more information on the initiative, visit the Dursley, Nailsworth, Stonehouse, Stroud Rowcroft or Wotton-under-Edge Lloyds branches, or online at: www.lloydsbank.com/communityfund
For more information on Meningitis Trust/UK, visit: www.meningitis-trust.org
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn