- Credit: Archant
Where: Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
What: Hyam is a handsome Listed property dating from the 18th century, with extensive alterations in the vernacular Cotswold Arts and Crafts style in the 1920s.
Inside: Ideal for entertaining on a grand scale with comfort and charm, there are three principal reception rooms. The drawing room measures nearly 40 feet with a wide recessed fireplace and large mullioned windows with window seats. The kitchen/breakfast room is in a contemporary style and leads out to a charming courtyard. On the first floor there are eight bedrooms and four bathrooms. The master bedroom has wonderful views, while two further bedrooms and a wet room can be found on the second floor. A particular feature of the layout is its flexibility to create self-contained accommodation within the house for either family or staff.
Outside: Exceptionally pretty gardens and grounds which are mainly enclosed within old stone walls. There is also a sunken water garden, separate rose garden and heated swimming pool. A useful range of traditional outbuildings include a large garage, gymnasium and five-bay cartshed. In all about 3.25 acres.
How much: £2.5 million.
Find out more… Visit homes24.co.uk or call Strutt & Parker on 01285 653101.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 7 8 great family walks in the North West
- 8 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire