Harvey Nichols Autumn Winter 2014 Fashion Show, Manchester
- Credit: Archant
The style pack were out in force to check out the latest trends at the sell out Harvey Nichols’ A/W catwalk extravaganza
It started with a chance to sip champagne and have first pick of the new season’s fashions on the shop floor in the run up to the highly anticipated AW catwalk show at Harvey Nichols.
The paparazzi outside had their pick of the city’s WAGs and fashionistas as Leanne Brown, Jane Given, Chantelle Heskey, Jude Cisse, Bouchra Van Persie, Vesna Kolarov, Dani Lawrence and Erin O’Neill swept in for the sold out AW14 show.
And there was an official unveiling the new NX 300h sport by event sponsors Lexus with the group of equally glam “models” striking a pose at the front of store.
Here was a fashion extravaganza that had everything - and we hadn’t even seen the show yet!
As the lights dimmed, DJ duo the Dixon Brothers played a beat-busting soundtrack to accompany the array of AW14 trends for Womenswear and Menswear on an all-white catwalk.
The parade of trends kicked off with “Arts Inspired” and “Craftwork” which embodied the arty crafty embellished look to be found in key looks from Raf Simons, Dries Van Noten and Karl Lagerfeld, Coach, Aquazurra and Isabel Marant.
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 9 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 10 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
Then came “Red Alert” - a series of stunning scarlet hues reflecting THE colour of the season.
Plaid, grid designs and tartan were packing a print punch in “Check it Out” with “Mods and Rockers” paying homage to luxe leather.
Other trends included, “Tonal Top-To-Toe”, “Get Knitted” “Come Outside” and “Sports Luxe”.
with “Eveningwear” ending the show on a high note
The nude-hued model makeup looks were provided by Bobbi Brown with shimmering shadows and contoured cheeks a key look. Only Fingers + Toes tended to toes and tips with the sleek side parted styles and basket-weave ponytails created by the award-winning hair salon, Umberto Giannini. n