Help save lives this Christmas with Meningitis Now
- Credit: Archant
Meningitis Now is holding its annual Christmas Celebration Concert at Gloucester Cathedral on Wednesday, December 17 and we would like as many people as possible to join it for the evening.
The musical celebration is one of the most popular events in the charity’s calendar, offering traditional Christmas carols and musical entertainment.
Leading the way will be the world-famous Carducci String Quartet, who will be performing music by Dvorak and Haydn. Winners of international competitions, including the Concert Artists Guild International Competition 2007 and Finland’s Kuhmo International Chamber Music Competition, the Anglo-Irish quartet has appeared at prestigious venues across the globe including the Wigmore Hall, London, Carnegie Hall, New York and John F Kennedy Center, Washington D.C.
Local school choirs are also singing and there will be traditional carols to join in with. The evening will be compered by well-known local BBC Points West reporter Steve Knibbs.
Sue Davie, Chief Executive of Meningitis Now, said: “These concerts are warm and inspiring occasions and a wonderful way to get into the mood for the festive season. We hope you can join us for what is a special programme in a beautiful setting.”
There will also be a Christmas tree adorned with white ribbons in remembrance of loved ones lost to meningitis.
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets are now on sale and cost £5 in a side aisle and £10 in the nave, if bought in advance, or £8 and £12 on the evening. For more information, visit the website at: www.meningitisnow.org/christmasconcert
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 9 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks
call 0345 120 4530 or email email@example.com to purchase tickets.
All proceeds from the concert help to fund preventative research, raise awareness and support those touched by the dreaded disease through Meningitis Now’s unique range of services.