Jo Malone London launches new garden project at the Whitworth Art Gallery
- Credit: Archant
Everything is blooming lovely at the Whitworth as the Jo Malone art garden opens.
An enchanting afternoon tea party launched fragrance company Jo Malone London’s new garden project at the Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester.
Guests including the Leader of Manchester City Council Sir Richard Leese, the Whitworth Art Gallery’s director Maria Balshaw and friends of the gallery, sipped tea and nibbled on an array of delicious cakes as they enjoyed the garden created by renowned designer Sarah Price.
Jo Malone London supports people living with mental ill health through its cultivation and care of therapeutic gardens, each of which is designed as a place to recover, grow and reconnect with the community. It will be supported through the sale of the Jo Malone London charity candle which this year is Peony and Moss.
Said Maria Balshaw:‘It’s been absolutely lovely working with Jo Malone London because they have a philanthropic commitment to supporting gardens as therapeutic spaces and they also make gorgeous perfume inspired by a wonderful range of plants and natural scents.
‘The gallery itself has inspired the garden and designer Sarah Price wanted the planting to have a painterly quality so it has been a lovely fit.’w
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 8 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 9 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 10 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire