Johnny Coppin – ‘All On A Winter’s Night’
- Credit: Archant
Thursday, December 19, 7.30pm at The Bacon Theatre, Dean Close School, Shelburne Road, Cheltenham; tel: 01242 258002
Saturday, December 21, 7.30pm at Stroud Subscription Rooms, tel: 01453 760900
One of England’s finest singer/songwriters and Gloucestershire’s very own Johnny Coppin presents a rich mix of traditional carols and new songs, together with stories and superstitions. There’ll be material from his three Christmas albums, and songs from a new album Borderland (official release Feb 2014)
Johnny is joined by Paul Burgess (Cheltenham born and bred) on fiddle, recorders and readings, and Mick Dolan from Worcestershire on guitars and mandolin.
Special guests are Geoff March on cello and vocals (from the original Cheltenham band Decameron) and Martin Fry (the award-winning photographer from Churchdown) with images and sequences.
- 1 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 2 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 8 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 9 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 10 Spring has sprung for these happy Cheshire dogs
Unfortunately, the acclaimed accordion player Karen Tweed is now unable to perform, as she has to recover from health issues.
Johnny says, “I’m really looking forward to performing his Christmas show at The Bacon Theatre for the very first time. I love the fine acoustics and raked seats.
This concert was forced to move from usual Town Hall venue because they are running parties from December 13 onwards”.
Johnny Coppin is a Gloucestershire-based singer/songwriter with Decameron, the legendary folk-rock band. His albums include ‘Edge of Day’, with writer and poet Laurie Lee; ‘Force of the River’; ‘The Winding Stair’; and ‘Breaking the Silence’, together with singer/songwriter Mike Silver. He is also the presenter of an Acoustic Music show on BBC Radio Gloucestershire every Saturday at 5.30pm - www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire
His three Christmas albums are ‘West Country Christmas’, ‘Keep the Flame’ and ‘A Country Christmas’ all on Red Sky Records.
His new album ‘ Borderland’ will be released early next year.
For more info visit www.johnnycoppin.co.uk