- Credit: Archant
Le Beaujolais, Cirencester’s only French restaurant, has gained a reputation over the past three years since its opening for:
Superb classic French Food
True French Atmosphere
- 1 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 2 WIN a weekend escape at St. Mellion Estate, Cornwall
- 3 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 4 Win a relaxing four-day retreat in Devon, plus other goodies
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Suffolk
- 6 22 of the best South Devon pubs with views of the coast
- 7 Naturism in the Cotswolds
- 8 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 9 Charles Dickens has been flower bombed
- 10 Cornwall pub walk named second best in the UK
Value for Money
The Castle Street, Cirencester brasserie, is owned by chef Eric Lepine and front of house manager, Kiean Glynn.
They met at a hotel resort in the French Alps where Kiean was manager, and forged a friendship which has brought them together in many businesses since...though this is their first joint ownership.
To Kiean and Eric this is the begining of the story...for they plan to develop their relationships across the piste...families, couples,businesses, very different theatrica/musical style occasions.
The key to what they do is fresh produce; with some brought overnight from France, along with supplementary food from Gloucestershire and the West Country.
Le Beaujolais has a French club, with almost 200 members and meets monthly.
It stages special occasions, such as the annual Beaujolais Nouvea race, fun occasions with Tweedy the clown, England v France food challenge...Les Miserable style suppers.
The restaurant is on two floors - upstairs is ideal for business meetings and celebratory dinners; downstairs, quiet, more intimate.
Le Beaujolais has both a la carte and table d’hote menus, with two course lunches for senior citizens Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Le Beaujolais is what its customers want it to be - as long as it is French in style..and they leave, saying “We’ll be back soon” : The ultimate accolade!