- Credit: Archant
Crowds line the seafront in Weston-super-Mare to see the Mayor go above and beyond call of duty
The Weston-super-Mare RNLI has always been grateful when the Town Mayor supports the fundraising Lifeboat Pull. This year the mayor went above and beyond the call of duty by completing the pull with the volunteers.
The event involves pulling the lifeboat along the Weston promenade - a strenuous five mile hike which this year was done in blistering heat.
Cllr David Hitchins and his wife Carol officially started the pull but then carried on leading the team - both bedecked with their heavy chains of office - tugging on the tow ropes and encouraging passers-by to donate into the collection buckets.
The 2103 lifeboat Pull raised more than £1,100, a larger sum than in previous years.
For more information about Weston-super-Mare lifeboat: westonrnli.org.uk
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces