Lords of the Manor named country house hotel of the year 2015
Hot on the heels of successfully retaining its Michelin star award, The Lords of the Manor in the Cotswold village of Upper Slaughter has been named the Good Hotel Guide Country House Hotel of the Year 2015.
Paul Thompson, General Manager said: “We have been fortunate enough to pick up accolades for
many aspects of the hotel - from ‘Best English Cheeseboard’ to The Times Most Romantic
Restaurant, but this award is something rather special. It’s a great tribute to our staff and our shared
ambition to be an entirely warm, friendly and excellent place. Thankfully the Good Hotel Guide
editors seem to agree with our guests!”
For anyone unfamiliar with The Lords of the Manor…this is a place to relax. To do as much, or as
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 9 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
little, as you like; and to lunch like a lord. The reception rooms of this former rectory have been
tastefully preserved with a sense of style and character - and offer blazing log fires throughout the
winter months. It’s the sort of place where there’s even a pair of wellies at the door, in case you want
to explore the village of Upper Slaughter and the surrounding countryside.
The Good Hotel Guide is one of the few truly impartial guides to hotels and B&Bs in the UK and
Ireland. Luxurious hotels, boutique city hotels, family hotels in the country, friendly B&Bs are all
included. Two great tips for the discerning traveller: take a look at the ‘Diary of Events’ (as well as
‘Special Offers’) on the hotel’s website for some genuinely inspiring reasons for booking a stay here.
And take time to seek-out their famous Little Black Book, which contains information and insider tips
to brighten any guest’s stay.