Marlborough Open Studios 2014
- Credit: Archant
Each year, Marlborough Open Studios offers a bursary to a student in higher education. For 2014 Claire Petworth, a mature student who started her Foundation degree in Creative Arts & Design Practice in September 2013, was awarded this bursary.
Claire is delighted to have been awarded and has already been working with her mentor, professional artist and the owner of the Radley Drawing Centre, Meryl Ainslie. Claire will be exhibiting a selection of drawings, prints and ceramics that she has produced in her first year at Swindon College’s School of Art, at Jeannette Therrien’s Clay & Glass Studio in Ogbourne St. George.
As part of the Open Studios weekends, many shops in Marlborough High Street will feature artworks from artists, and a guide for this will be in the brochure, to be distributed far and wide in the scheme’s area from the middle of May.
There will be a fantastic showcase exhibition at the Mount House Gallery in Marlborough, May 30-June 5, where a sample of work from all the artists taking part can be seen in advance of the Open Studio weekends.
Marlborough Open Studios runs over four weekends, on June 28/29, and July 5/6, 12/13 and 19/20.
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn