New-build plans at Bloxham Mill set to support regional business growth
- Credit: Archant
Bloxham Mill near Banbury could further expand next year.
Already home to over 100 resident and virtual business clients, the business centre is investing over half a million pounds in the building of semi-serviced commercial units spanning up to 8,000 square feet on its site.
Managing Director Ray Avery said: “Bloxham Mill is currently 95% let and with a constant flow of new clients’ requests, we know the demand for business space of this type is high. In fact, we’ve had numerous requests from developers wanting to buy the land but this never was, and never will be a consideration; anything built on the land will firmly be part of Bloxham Mill.
“Cherwell District Council is supportive and, ahead of officially filing for planning consent for this particular build, we’ve already got planning for alternative use.”
Once architect plans are approved and planning permission granted, the phased build is envisaged to start by mid-2015.
The vision is for new-build, semi-serviced commercial units; each starting from around 800 square feet, with the flexibility to expand in line with business growth of respective clients. Set in the semirural grounds of Bloxham Mill, the units will complement the main business centre and have access to its core services such as meeting rooms, telephony and café.
Bloxham Mill is currently under refurbishment with enhanced meeting room space and the revamping of the reception area and other communal areas will continue in 2015. Outside, the car parks have been resurfaced and other works for the front of the building are in planning.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes