Newbridge Nurseries gets top national award
- Credit: Archant
Newbridge Nurseries has been declared as the country’s Most Improved Garden Centre 2013/2014 by the Garden Centre Association (GCA).
Managing Director of the Broadbridge Heath-based garden centre, Nigel Wait explained: “Tim Mason who is currently the Chairman of the South Thames group visited us to present me with the award in person.
“I am absolutely delighted with this accolade and it is a testament to all the hard work of the dedicated team involved with running the business. It’s a proud moment for us all and we’re going to display this Dick Allen Award for the country’s Most Improved Garden Centre 2013/2014 for all to see and so that our customers can share it with us.”
Newbridge Nurseries has been at Broadbridge Heath, Horsham for more than 30 years, originally growing shrubs and bedding plants to sell through its small retail
shop on site.
Nigel, who runs the family-owned business, added: “The old nursery was sold in 1995 to my family, which was supplying Newbridge at the time with plants, and we then developed it into a modern retail garden centre.
We have continued to expand into one of the largest independently-owned garden centres in Sussex, still very much specialising in plants.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great pubs
- 5 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 6 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 9 Why James Bond actor Timothy Dalton is proud of his Belper roots
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
“The garden centre was further enhanced by the opening of a restaurant in February 2012 called Stooks. Set in a beautiful, traditional building, Stooks has become
a very successful and busy fresh food restaurant.”
The GCA represents nearly 200 garden centres nationwide. Through sharing information and its inspection programme the GCA helps members to achieve high standards in customer service, plant quality and reliability.
For further details, please contact Newbridge Nurseries, Billingshurst Road, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, West Sussex on 01403 272686 or visit www.newbridgenurseries.co.uk.