Oxford-based online organisational service launches
Journl, an online calendar and cloud storage service has launched after two years of development by its Oxford-based team.
Co-founded by Mark Wainwright and Karl Schweppe, Journl is an idea two years in the making, which officially went live in August. The company is based in Oxford’s own tech-hub, the Oxford Centre for Innovation. Oxford was chosen as the ideal home for this dynamic new business, as chairman and co-founder Mark Wainwright explains: “We deliberately decided on Oxford as the home of Journl as it has all the ingredients we felt we needed for success – beautiful and inspiring atmosphere and surroundings, and lots of great options for eating, drinking and shopping.”
Oxford also has the crucial talent pool to meet the new jobs created by Journl. Mark continues: “Most importantly for us, Oxford is a city overflowing with talented, enthusiastic people from all over the world and with a range of skills – what unites them is that they’re all among the best at what they do.” There are currently ten employees on the Journl team, all living in Oxford and the surrounding area. The company hopes to double its Oxford team by the end of 2014, as the Journl customer base expands. Further developments are planned to both the Journl service and the software product.
With a calendar, to do lists, notes, lists, reminders and secure file storage, Journl is offering free 30-day trials.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 10 great hill walks in Cheshire