Phill Jupitus at The Roses, Tewkesbury
- Credit: Archant
Phill Jupitus’ stage show “You’re Probably Wondering Why I’ve Asked You Here...” is coming to The Roses in Tewkesbury this November.
Phill Jupitus’ stage show “You’re Probably Wondering Why I’ve Asked You Here...” is an unusual three-part performance in which the comedian plays three extraordinary characters, and with the help of an inquisitive audience, we find out more about them.
The three characters are as follows:
The Late Vernon Herschel Harley is a legend of stage and screen who died at the age of 114 just last Thursday. He has worked with everybody in theatre and cinema and describes himself as “Quite lively for a dead chap.” and “An annecdote Gatling gun.”
The Late Kurt Schiffer was the ‘Korvettenkapitan’ of the U42B out of Hamburg part of the German Navy’s ‘Wolf Packs’, which were the scourge of the Atlantic shipping lanes. He died in 1944.
The Late Phill Jupitus died on June 24, 2052 on the eve of his 90th birthday.
Phill became a familiar face when he became team captain on BBC’2 Pop quiz Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Twenty three series’ later, Phill is the last man standing from the original line-up, proving a hit with audiences.
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 3 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
- 4 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 5 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 6 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 7 10 best Kent restaurants to visit in 2022
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 9 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
- 10 22 places in England to visit in 2022
Aside from Never Mind the Buzzcocks and his live stand up shows, Phill currently appears as a regular guest on QI (BBC2), and in 2012 returned to television stand-up for the first time since 2000 with an appearance on Live at the Apollo (BBC1). On BBC Radio 4 he is a regular member of the award winning News Quiz in addition to numerous presenting work on such shows as Phill Jupitus’ Comic Strips, I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue and The Man Who Bought Hendrix’s Stage.
“You’re Probably Wondering Why I’ve Asked You Here...” will be performed on Friday, November 15 at The Roses in Tewkesbury.
For tickets, call the theatre on: 01684 295 074
Or visit the website: www.rosestheatre.org