Piaf – The Songs, at the Stroud Subscription Rooms
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of Edith Piaf in 2015 on the 100th anniversary of her birth, October 17
Eve Loiseau sings the songs of Edith Piaf, with Fiona Barrow, violin + Edward Jay, accordion.
Edith Piaf has become synonymous with French Cabaret of the 1940s & 50s and remains France’s most popular singer. Piaf’s life was the stuff of legend, from her dramatic rise from Paris street urchin to star of international renown. Her life, however, was anything but ‘La vie en rose’. In the centenary year of Piaf’s birth, this powerful celebration comes from a company whose credentials include Kneehigh Theatre and Canteve Vocale. This acclaimed show has played over 100 venues & festivals around the UK & abroad.
‘virtuoso musicianship’ Venue
‘completely enamoured … you leave desperately wanting to be young and in love and in Paris’ 5-star Three Weeks
Tickets £15.00 (£13.00 concs) from Stroud Tourist Information Centre on 01453 760900 or online from www.subscriptionrooms.org.uk
Piaf – The Songs
Friday 16 October 7.30pm
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
The Subscription Rooms, George Street, Stroud, Glos. GL5 1AE