Ready, sheddy, go
- Credit: PAUL NICHOLLS
There’s a new contender for the quirky Cotswold crown...
From woolsack racing to cheese-chasing, we do rather excel at eccentricity in the Cotswolds.
Now there’s a new contender for the quirky Cotswold crown in the form of mechanic and gardener Kevin Nicks who has probably the country’s only road-legal shed. Yep, you heard correctly.
After several months and around £5,000 in costs, Kevin, who lives a couple of miles from Chipping Norton, has converted his Volkswagen Passat into an eye-catching runaround. The problem came, however, when he wanted to take it out on to the roads and was confronted by DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) red tape.
His frustration led him to contact his local MP – none other than, of course, our Prime Minister David Cameron, who rose to the occasion beautifully.
A few months later, he’s now able to take his mobile shed out on the country’s roads.
So, next time you’re driving on the M5 or A40, do keep your eye out for Kevin and his shed, and take your hat off to his persistence and ingenuity.
All photographs by Paul Nicholls, www.paulnichollsphotography.com
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 7 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer