Restaurant review - Fishpool Inn, Fishpool Road, Delamere
- Credit: not Archant
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds
STYLE OF VENUE
This is pub dining at its smartest: numbers on tables, order at the bar if you wish, but there is swift service.
ON THE MENU
There’s a good all-day menu with starters, salads, superior sandwiches up to 6pm. You are spoilt for choice if you want a three-course meal. There are pizzas from the woodstone oven, meat from the Inka charcoal oven and gastro-pub favourites. I enjoyed chicken liver pate and sourdough bread with chutney (£5.50) for starter. I followed it with half-roast duck with stir fry veg, basmati rice and plum sauce (£14.95): very good. My guest liked his prawns and Muncaster crab cocktail with avocado and lime creme fraiche (£7.50). He thought his tandoori chicken with mango and papaya salad and creme fraiche was tasty and authentic but the chicken a little overcooked. I recommend the Fishpool’s Eton Mess. Wow!
DECOR AND AMBIENCE
A large rustic room with lots of wood, textured furniture and quaint touches. The interior manages to include cosy corners as well as a large open area at the back looking onto fields and what will soon be a pleasant garden and outdoor dining area.
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 5 Behind the scenes of Sussex film Vindication Swim
- 6 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Kelvin Fletcher's Big Farming Adventure
- 8 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 9 WIN tickets to a Bristol food festival
- 10 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
It was busy when we dined late on a Saturday afternoon and our young waitress forgot my side order. But, on the whole this is a very attractive well-run establishment and staff are on the ball.
We dined well - five courses between us - with drinks and good coffee - for £63.
Delamere, CW8 2HP. 01606 883277