Richard and Judy raise funds for the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan returned to their former home city when they hosted a glittering event at the Hilton Hotel in aid of the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.
The popular TV couple who lived in the Manchester suburb of Didsbury for many years, were greeted warmly by over 300 guests who attended the Discovery Ball at the chic city centre venue on Deansgate.
Soap stars were among the attendees who enjoyed thrilling entertainment from Elbow, Simply Red’s Mick Hucknall and a stand-up session by comedian Dave Spikey.
Around £130,900 was raised during the evening and this money will contribute towards the expansion of new premises for the hospital’s pioneering clinical research facility.
A Hublot wristwatch donated by Sir Alex Ferguson from his own personal collection raised almost £12,000 in an auction hosted by Key 103 DJ Mike Toolan and the BBC Sport presenter Hugh Ferris.
Maurice Watkins CBE, chairman of the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital charity, said:‘The Discovery Ball was an even greater success than we hoped it would be. Once again, we are indebted to our supporters for their generosity.’
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way