Richard and Judy raise funds for the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan returned to their former home city when they hosted a glittering event at the Hilton Hotel in aid of the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.
The popular TV couple who lived in the Manchester suburb of Didsbury for many years, were greeted warmly by over 300 guests who attended the Discovery Ball at the chic city centre venue on Deansgate.
Soap stars were among the attendees who enjoyed thrilling entertainment from Elbow, Simply Red’s Mick Hucknall and a stand-up session by comedian Dave Spikey.
Around £130,900 was raised during the evening and this money will contribute towards the expansion of new premises for the hospital’s pioneering clinical research facility.
A Hublot wristwatch donated by Sir Alex Ferguson from his own personal collection raised almost £12,000 in an auction hosted by Key 103 DJ Mike Toolan and the BBC Sport presenter Hugh Ferris.
Maurice Watkins CBE, chairman of the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital charity, said:‘The Discovery Ball was an even greater success than we hoped it would be. Once again, we are indebted to our supporters for their generosity.’
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 3 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 4 8 great family walks in the North West
- 5 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 6 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 7 12 of the best pubs in Essex for Sunday lunches
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District