- Credit: Archant
With over 730 acres of water, Roadford Lake is a spectacular lake set on the edge of Dartmoor between Okehampton and Launceston.
On the southern bank you will find the Lakeside cafe and Function Suite which includes a Visitor Centre, giving information on the history of the valley, with interactive exhibits. The Lakeside cafe and gift shop and Visitor Centre are open daily.
There are many miles of paths following the shorelines of the lake and meandering through woodland. There’s also a wealth of wildlife to watch and discover, so whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll or a more challenging walk, whatever your ability there is something for everyone at the lake.
The forest cycle tracks provide a safe, off-road family route taking in views of the lake and wildlife. Visit the cob shelter or bird hide on the Coombepark Walk. There are viewing points along the walks with benches to rest your legs and enjoy a picnic.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
You will find interpretation boards along the walks with information on flora and fauna.
Stout footwear is recommended as parts of some routes may become muddy at the wettest times of year.
The County of Devon commemorated HM The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with a striking 6m stainless steel sundial at Roadford. The six stainless steel pieces represent the six decades of Her Majesty’s reign and are surrounded by granite time pieces. A must visit feature of the County.
Across the water is our popular Outdoor + Active Centre offering brown trout angling, sailing, windsurfing, rowing, kayaking, climbing and archery. Fly fishing at Roadford Lake is an experience not to be missed. Fly fishing only for stocked and wild brown trout. We have a limited number of angling boats, so booking is a must.
Adjacent to the Centre is a campsite which caters for holidaymakers and watersports participants alike.