Singer-Songwriter Emily Maguire to do two gigs in Devon
- Credit: Archant
Acclaimed singer-songwriter Emily Maguire is lined up for two performances in Devon this October.
Emily will be performing her thought-provoking lyrics and expressive vocals in The B-Bar at the Barbican Theatre in Plymouth on Friday 25 October 2013 and a special concert at the beautiful Hazelwood House in Loddiswell on Saturday 26 October 2013.
Emily’s songs have been played regularly on Radio 2 and have won her fans across the globe.
Classically trained on cello, piano and flute, Emily taught herself the guitar and started writing songs when she found herself stuck at home with a chronic illness.
A few years later she decided to give up her flat in London for a shack made from recycled wood, tin and potato sacks on a farm out in the Australian bush. There she set up her own record label Shaktu Records with partner Christian Dunham, and for four years lived an eco-friendly, self-sufficient lifestyle, financing her music by making and selling goats cheese on the farm.
Following the release of her critically acclaimed albums ‘Stranger Place’ and ‘Keep Walking’, Emily returned to the UK. The title track of ‘Keep Walking’ was playlisted on Radio 2 in the UK and on ABC Radio across Australia. Emily’s third album ‘Believer’, a ‘masterpiece’ according to Maverick Magazine, won rave reviews in the music press with 2 songs playlisted on Radio 2.
After seven months on the road in 2011 with the former lead singer of Dr Hook, Dennis Locorriere, Emily took time out from touring to write and record her fourth studio album ‘Bird Inside A Cage’.
- 1 Where and when to watch The Queen's Jubilee Flypast
- 2 World record broken for 'Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Vampires' at Whitby Abbey
- 3 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 10 Cotswolds events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Cotswold designers win big at Chelsea Flower Show in 2022
- 7 Review: Chicago the Musical at Manchester Opera House
- 8 What's on in Norfolk June 2022
- 9 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 10 Have you heard of Essex's secret celebrity island, which has hosted Rihanna, Jude Law and Stormzy?
The album’s release was funded entirely by Emily’s fans. ‘Bird Inside A Cage’ is a bold departure from her previous recordings while still retaining all the underlying trademarks of her emotive, lyric-rich songs. The album was released in July 2013.
Emily will be performing at The B-Bar in the Barbican Theatre, Castle Street, Plymouth on Friday 25 October. Tickets are £3, available to book online at www.theb-bar.blogspot.co.uk. Emily will also be performing on Saturday 26 October in the surroundings of Hazelwood House in Loddiswell, near Kingsbridge in Devon. Tickets are £12 (£10 concessions). To book please phone 01548 821 232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.