Sporting celebrities celebrate De Vere Mottram Hall hotel and spa relaunch in charity golf day
- Credit: Archant
Sporting celebrities came together to celebrate the multi-million pound relaunch of the De Vere Mottram Hall hotel and spa near Prestbury at their charity golf day.
Sir Alex Ferguson, Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff and Colin Montgomerie were among the famous faces at the golf day itself and/or the dinner in the evening.
Top industry professionals, pro golfers, delegates and loyal members were invited by De Vere’s Group Chief Executive Andrew Coppel, to the event.
Over 100 of the guests - including European tour coach Damian Taylor - hit the 18-hole course and took part in the ‘Charity Glass Smash Challenge’ before sitting down for the Gala Dinner, orchestrated by head chef Jim Key.
The event raised £11,135 for De Vere’s chosen charity, the Asthma Society.
Mottram Hall’s MD, James Stewart said: ‘All those involved can be proud to say they’ve helped raise a significant sum for the Asthma Society and I think it’s safe to say everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day. It’s an added bonus that the rain held off.’
James added: ‘It was also a great opportunity to show off the fabulous new look Mottram Hall. The fundamental changes haven’t just been in upgrading all the bedrooms, leisure, golf, catering and conference facilities, it’s been about updating the mentality of the staff and how we operate. I’m proud of what the team has achieved.’
- 1 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 2 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 3 Scarborough's spectacular BIG day out for national Armed Forces Day
- 4 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
- 9 Don't miss Hampton Court Palace's divine tulip display this spring
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Neil Churchill from the Asthma Society said:‘Days like these not only raise awareness of the charity but generate a much-needed funding boost to help us continue our work across the UK. We cannot thank the De Vere group enough for their unending support for the cause.’