- Credit: Archant
The Blakehay Theatre is a community theatre in the centre of Weston-super-Mare.
At all levels the Blakehay Theatre aims to offer a high quality, friendly and diverse arts experience to all its attendees and staff. The Blakehay theatre is owned and run by the Weston Town Council. The venue has recently undergone a refurbishment project that has included the new Jill Dando Cafe & Theatre Bar, new Box Office, theatre lighting, toilet facilities, external lighting and signage and a new roof.
The Blakehay Theatre operates as being a live events venue programming local and regional theatre, music and dance. Situated next to Grove Park, the Blakehay Theatre is an excellent place to visit during the day or evening to be entertained, educated or even just to get a good cup of coffee! The Blakehay Theatre has a 199 fixed seat auditorium in theatre style with the stage at ground level. The seating is not numbered and all shows are ticketed on a system of sit where you would like on the day.
The Theatre Bar is where you can enjoy pre-theatre and interval drinks. The bar does get quite busy - so we’d always recommend you pre-order your interval drinks when you arrive. Our bar is open one hour before curtain-up until the end of the interval and offer a wide variety of drinks. If you are bringing a large party of guests to a show or want to celebrate a special occasion, why not book your catering or drinks to be ready in advance? If you wish to hire the Blakehay for an event download the booking form/price list via our website http://www.weston-super-maretowncouncil.gov.uk/blakehay.
- 1 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 2 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 3 The Essex Serpent: Essex filming locations for the 2022 TV adaptation
- 4 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 5 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 8 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 9 9 secret Devon gardens opening to visitors this spring
- 10 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
The Blakehay Actors Company was formed in 2006. From the start it was decided to aim for the highest standard possible. Actors were recruited locally and auditioned; it turned out that Weston has a wealth of acting talent. If you have some acting experience and would like to join the Blakehay Actors Company Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 629641.