The Castle at Taunton
- Credit: Archant
Located in the very heart of Somerset’s county town of Taunton, The Castle offers the perfect base from which to explore the magnificent sea and landscapes that surround.
Filled with the romanticism of the past, this historic hotel has been run by the Chapman family for the past 60 years and offers all that you would expect from an independent four star hotel - comfortable accommodation, excellent restaurants and bars, private meeting and dining rooms, a tranquil and picturesque garden and free WiFi! But most importantly the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and courteous, ensuring your stay is one you’ll remember fondly.
Renowned for its food, the Castle Hotel boasts two bars and restaurants. The Art Deco Bow Bar & Grill using the very freshest of local ingredients and BRAZZ, the Castle’s brasserie, offering a fun place to eat and drink. You’ll find local beers and ciders, homemade pies, fishcakes, and award winning bangers to name a few.
The Castle Hotel offers 44 sympathetically decorated bedrooms, all of which are ensuite. Warmth and comfort are paramount. We want you to throw your shoes off and put your feet up!
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 8 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
Room types vary from cosy single bedded rooms to our spacious Garden rooms with huge beds and views of the Norman gardens.
The Art Deco Bow Bar & Grill is a cool and stylish space offering delights including Quantock Hill Rabbit Lasagne and Roast Cornish Pollock with Leek, Rock Oyster, Clams and Lemon Butter Sauce, all produced with fresh, local ingredients. Open to residents and non residents the Grill is the perfect restaurant in which to enjoy a superb dinner with friends and family.
The Bow Bar is open every day to both residents and non-residents whether you’re looking for a cocktail or pot of tea it’s a lovely spot in which to relax with friends.
BRAZZ, the Castle’s brasserie, is a fun place to eat and drink. You’ll find local beers and ciders, more than 20 wines by the glass and some scrumptious home-made.