The Castle at Taunton
- Credit: Archant
Located in the very heart of Somerset’s county town of Taunton, The Castle offers the perfect base from which to explore the magnificent sea and landscapes that surround.
Filled with the romanticism of the past, this historic hotel has been run by the Chapman family for the past 60 years and offers all that you would expect from an independent four star hotel - comfortable accommodation, excellent restaurants and bars, private meeting and dining rooms, a tranquil and picturesque garden and free WiFi! But most importantly the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and courteous, ensuring your stay is one you’ll remember fondly.
Renowned for its food, the Castle Hotel boasts two bars and restaurants. The Art Deco Bow Bar & Grill using the very freshest of local ingredients and BRAZZ, the Castle’s brasserie, offering a fun place to eat and drink. You’ll find local beers and ciders, homemade pies, fishcakes, and award winning bangers to name a few.
The Castle Hotel offers 44 sympathetically decorated bedrooms, all of which are ensuite. Warmth and comfort are paramount. We want you to throw your shoes off and put your feet up!
- 1 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 2 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
- 3 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 4 These are the Devon beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 5 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 6 Inside the home of 70s style guru Estelle Bilson
- 7 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 8 Food review - Ye Horns Inn, Goosnargh
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
Room types vary from cosy single bedded rooms to our spacious Garden rooms with huge beds and views of the Norman gardens.
The Art Deco Bow Bar & Grill is a cool and stylish space offering delights including Quantock Hill Rabbit Lasagne and Roast Cornish Pollock with Leek, Rock Oyster, Clams and Lemon Butter Sauce, all produced with fresh, local ingredients. Open to residents and non residents the Grill is the perfect restaurant in which to enjoy a superb dinner with friends and family.
The Bow Bar is open every day to both residents and non-residents whether you’re looking for a cocktail or pot of tea it’s a lovely spot in which to relax with friends.
BRAZZ, the Castle’s brasserie, is a fun place to eat and drink. You’ll find local beers and ciders, more than 20 wines by the glass and some scrumptious home-made.