The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre 60th birthday party
- Credit: Gavin Trafford
It was a sparkling affair when The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre celebrated its 60th birthday.
Friends, staff and supporters of Clatterbridge Cancer Centre celebrated its 60th birthday with a diamond theme party at The Titanic Hotel in Liverpool. It was a star-studded event too, as celebrities included footballer John Barnes, Merseyside Mayor Steve Rotheram, Nisha Katona, founder of Mowgli Street Food, and TV journalist Ranvir Singh.
The occasion, hosted by Jay Hynd from The Guide Liverpool and Capital Radio presenter Gemma Cutting, raised over £150,000 from an auction and raffle during the evening.
Katrina Bury, Head of The Clatterbridge Cancer Charity, said: ‘The money raised on the night will go a long way to transforming cancer care for 2.3m people in Merseyside and Cheshire.’
Prizes included a rose gold and diamond necklace set and a holiday in a French chateaux. Liverpool Football Club’s Chief Executive Peter Moore took the bids for an exciting opportunity to be his guest at a match at Anfield, including a tour of the ground, and a meeting with manager Jurgen Klopp.
The money raised will help fund an area in the new hospital that will provide immunotherapy treatment for cancer patients.
- 1 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 2 Surrey Life meets Strictly costume designer Vicky Gill
- 3 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 Alport Castles - a hidden gem in the Peak District