The Murray Parish Trust raise £30,000 at their Odd Ball
- Credit: Dave Benett
On Friday 28 November Hampshire charity The Murray Parish Trust, hosted its first fundraising event, The Odd Ball, at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, London.
Amongst the 200 guests were Amanda Holden, Angela Griffin, James Cracknell, Beverley Turner and the cast of the BBC’s hit Saturday night fantasy drama Atlantis.
Guests were told to expect the unexpected and were treated to a whole host of intriguing and exciting entertainment from theatrical costumed hosts Cirque du Chic, to performances from some of Britain’s Got Talent’s more unusual top acts.
Actress and founder Sarah Parish said: “We had a fantastic evening. All our guests really entered into the spirit of the night and came dressed in formal outfits with a quirky edge, there were wigs, masks, tails and one guest even had a TV on his head!”
The auction, hosted by comedian Hardeep Singh Kholi, raised an amazing £30,000 for the charity, thanks to the generous support of the guests.
Sarah’s husband and fellow founder Jim Murray commented: “The Odd Ball has been a great success and exceeded all expectations. We have to thank all those that came, dressed up and helped us to raise an incredible amount.”
For more information or to make a donation go to www.themurrayparishtrust.com
- 1 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 2 6 of the best October walks in Cheshire
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 The Norfolk Lights Express is back for spectacular winter train rides
- 5 6 of the best October walks in Yorkshire
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 8 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 9 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
• Hampshire girl Amanda Holden on Britain’s Got Talent, the off screen banter and preparing herself for the limelight - Britain’s Got Talent started again last month, and Hampshire girl Amanda Holden can’t wait to see who will walk across the stage, as Liz Kavanagh found out.