The Pump House in Brighton launches Autumn Beer Festival and new Hop Circle app
- Credit: Archant
From October 31st – November 16th, The Pump House in Brighton will be launching an Autumn Beer Festival, showcasing a range of dark beers, perfect for supping as the temperature drops and the nights begin to draw in.
The festival will feature a rotating range of 13 exciting ales from some of the UK’s best brewers, including Red Squirrel’s London Porter, Itchen Valley’s Dark Solstice and Wild Beer Co.’s Scarlet Fever, as well as a trio of specialist beers created through an experimental “Whose Beer Is It Anyway?” brewing process.
Charged with concocting a trio of “improvised brews”, the head brewers from Purity, Brains and Adnam’s drew from three pots, World Cup style, to determine the characteristics of their beers. The pots were marked “Style”, “ABV Range” and “Hop Region”, with each brewery set to unveil their unique creations at the beginning of the festival.
Beer enthusiasts will be able to sample the improvised brews as individual pints or in a tasting stick of 1/3 pint glasses, with drinkers encouraged to choose their favourite via an online vote at www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/alelibrary. The winning beer will then be announced at the end of the festival, before being re-brewed and made available for the rest of the winter.
Meanwhile, the pub is also launching a new Hop Circle app on October 24th, offering The Pump House’s contingent of cask ale drinkers the chance to enjoy a selection of rewards for their loyalty. Free to download on both iOS and Android phones, the app will allow users to enjoy 25p off every pint of cask ale ordered, browse a collection of tasting notes in the Ale Library, and automatically receive further offers and promotions throughout the year.
The Pump House, 46 Market Street, Brighton, BN1 1HH; 01273 827421; www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/thepumphousebrighton
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021