The Secret Gardens of Otterton
- Credit: Archant
Otterton, near Budleigh Salterton, is opening 10 gardens to the public on Sunday, June 8th 2014 from 11am - 5pm
At least 10 gardens will be open under the descriptive name of ‘The Secret Gardens of Otterton’. They vary from large, well established traditional gardens, to an award winning cottage garden and a modern landscape architect designed garden for modern living. Also open is the Old Station which offers miniature train rides with a newly extended track. Visitors will be able to view some of Otterton’s beautiful thatched Devon farmhouses with well planted walled gardens.
There is a garden trail quiz with floral arrangements as prizes.
Cream teas are available in the village hall from 2.30pm - 5pm. Also plants galore will be for sale for the plant hunters. Otterton Mill on the River Otter will be open for lunches for those who wish to make a day out for the whole family. There is truly something for everyone.
All proceeds will be towards Hospicare and the local church.
Enquiries 01395 567701
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 3 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 9 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
- 10 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown