*VIDEO* Sleep Easy Exeter returns again this year
- Credit: Archant
Exeter’s YMCA Sleep Easy event returns again this year on Saturday 15 March, to raise money to tackle youth homelessness
One in every 100 young people in England experience homelessness each year. To raise money to help tackle youth homelessness in Devon, the YCMA is holding the Sleep Easy event again this year. Last year 180 people took part, raising over £30,000 towards the work of the Exeter YMCA. This year it will return to Exeter Guidhall shopping centre on Saturday 15th March 2014 and is set to be bigger than ever.
Not only will it be a memorable night of rough sleeping, but there will also be live entertainment and some of the best local bands to help make the evening truly special. All you need to do is wrap up warm!
The money raised last year allowed the Exeter YMCA to provide 15,000 nights of supported accomodation for homeless young people. So take part in Sleep Easy 2014, so that even more homeless young people in devon can have a safe place to go this year. With your help, the residents are not just given a roof of their head but one-to-one support to help overcome the challenges that led to their homelessness.
One resident, Dan, says: “Life before I moved into Exeter YMCA was bad. I was homeless and just sleeping on different mates’ sofas each night. I was definitely hanging out with the wrong crowd, and got into serious trouble with the police on several occasions. I wasn’t happy at all at this point. Moving to the Exeter YMCA not only gave me somewhere to live, but also gave me the support I desperately needed.”
Will you join the Sleep Easy 2014 and ‘sleep rough so others don’t have to’?
Anyone aged 14 or over can take part in the event, however, those ages 14-17 must have a parent or guardian present.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
There is a £10 registration fee for adults and £8 registration for under 18 year olds.
Early-bird and group discounts are avaliable.
To find out more information and to register, please go to www.sleepeasyexeter.org.uk