West End hit ‘Room on the Broom’ flies in to Cheltenham
- Credit: Archant
Just shy of Hallowe’en-proper, Tall Stories’ play Room on the Broom comes to the Everyman theatre, Cheltenham, from November 1 to 2.
A stage adaptation of the best-selling book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler, authors of The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom is on a national tour, stopping at Cheltenham’s Everyman Theatre.
The play was an Olivier Award nominee earlier this year, and promises to provide family entertainment with a seasonal twist. It tells the story of a witch who loses her hat and wand to a stormy wind, and enlists the help of a daft dog, beautiful bird and friendly frog to retrieve them. That turns out to be easier said than done - cue a broomstick malfunction and a hungry dragon on the prowl!
As well as the Everyman in Cheltenham, the play will be performed at two other regional spots; Warwick Arts Centre from November 28 to December 29, and Swindon’s Wyvern Centre from Friday, October 4 to Sunday, October 6.
The Everyman Theatre performances are on Friday, November 1 at 1.30pm and 4pm, and Saturday, November 2 at 11am, 2pm and 4.30pm.
For children aged 3+
For more information visit: www.everymantheatre.org.uk/m-shows/room-on-the-broom-1
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire