4 ways to enjoy Blenheim Palace Horse Trials
- Credit: Adam Fanthorpe
Make the most of your time at the SsangYong Blenheim Palace Horse Trials on September 19-22
What's the best way to enjoy Blenheim Palace Horse Trials - the most spectacular equestrian event in the calendar?
- You could sip a glass of chilled prosecco in the luxurious Marlborough Pavilion while watching the world's top event riders perform in front of the stunning backdrop of Blenheim Palace.
- You could sit in comfort, eating delicious locally-produced fresh food while your children enjoy the improved and re-sited Children's Entertainment Area. Check out the brilliant Attractions Arena, which has a full timetable of exciting displays on Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22.
- You could wander through the extensive, carefully selected tradestands, pausing to watch riders tackle the challenging cross-country course that passes alongside the shops and through the Marlborough Arena, and collect your purchases from the "shop and drop" facility on your way home.
- You could entertain friends, family or clients at our Riverside picnic area on the banks of the River Glyme in the heart of the cross-country course. Hook Norton Brewery are providing real ale at this picturesque location, so enjoy a cool draught while taking in the action.
There are many other ways to make the most of a day out at the SsangYong Blenheim Palace Horse Trials, but we'd choose one of those options!
With Tokyo 2020 looming, this September's event will be one of the most significant proving grounds for next year's Olympics. But alongside the elite, many riders from the Cotswolds and surrounding areas come to SsangYong Blenheim Palace to take part in the grassroots competitions - Retraining of Racehorses dressage, Arena Eventing and the incredibly popular Fun Ride round the Blenheim Palace estate.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 Property of the month: Godfreys Farmhouse, Great Totham
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
For 2019, even more emphasis is being placed on improving the visitor experience, with an extended Food Walk and edible offerings - everything from healthy options to indulgent treats. There are new and exciting additions to the tradestands, and timetable changes mean there is more time to shop after Saturday's cross-country has concluded. Also, the cross-country runs through the Marlborough Arena again this year, meaning great viewing from the Pavilion.
Don't forget, international showjumping and cross-country takes place on both Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22, so you have two bites of the cherry!
For more information and to purchase tickets, go to blenheimhorse.co.uk.
General admission starts from £15 in advance. Children 12 years of age and under can enter the event for FREE when accompanied by an adult.