- Credit: Archant
Yeo Valley is an independent family-run dairy company founded by Roger and Mary Mead who started farming in Blagdon, Somerset over 50 years ago.
They began making yogurt in 1972 and have steadily grown to become one of the biggest organic brands in the country now employing over 1400 people in the South West.
Set in the heart of the Mendip Hills, the family farm puts real love and attention into making delicious dairy products, only using British organic milk from their own herd of pedigree British Friesian cows or from farms that are part of the Somerset-based organic milk supplier’s cooperative (OMSCo) with whom they ethically trade.
Everything they make is 100% Yeoganic which is their way of saying ‘organic and a little bit more’ - they go the extra country mile to look after the soil, their animals and people. They are continuously focusing efforts on building a sustainable British dairy brand that continues to support hard working British family farmers as well as their own employees.
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
After becoming a Yeo Tube sensation in 2010 with their first ever TV advert, featuring the rapping farmers, Yeo Valley went on to launch a second advert featuring farming boy band ‘The Churned’. The adverts both set on the Yeo Valley farm were helping highlight that Yeo Valley is a real place in the heart of the West Country.
This year they have launched ‘The Great British Farmhouse Cookbook’ written by Sarah Mayor, daughter of Yeo Valley founders Roger and Mary Mead. Inspired by rural Britain’s superb culinary heritage, this sumptuous new cookbook serves up a slice of country cooking at its best, with a collection of over 100 mouth-watering recipes inspired by the traditions of the British farmhouse kitchen but given a modern twist.
For a chance to come and visit the farm and see behind the scenes at Yeo Valley why not try one of their summer tours or have a look at the other events they are holding throughout the year. For more details click through to our website.