Cotswold Life Food & Drink Awards 2017: Best Local Supplier/Producer
- Credit: Archant
From local dairies and free range eggs, to fine food catering companies, the Cotswolds has some of the best local producers and suppliers in England. But who is the best?
The Cotswold Life Food & Drink Awards are one of the biggest events in the local calendar and it is hugely anticipated by the region’s food and drink industry all year round.
We champion the best local producers, suppliers and businesses that are passionate about the Cotswold countryside and the future of our local environment.
Thanks to both the nominations of the public and our well-respected judges, we have picked a winner worthy of the ‘Best Local Supplier/Producer Award’, sponsored ChenMoore Chopsticks.
This year’s finalists
Cotswold Gold, Broadway
Judges commented that Cotswold Gold’s sustainable attitude towards product wastage was refreshing - with waste oil turned into fuel and waste seed sold to local cattle farms - a successful business running from a family farm in Worcestershire, producing high quality food products.
Nom Nom Cupcakery, Brimscombe
Hard work and ambition was evident at Nom Nom Cupcakery. Judges praised the dedication that has established the business from an initial small shop in Nailsworth that now supplies eight local cafes around the area – made increasingly more impressive from the fact that the growth has occurred through word of mouth recommendations.
And the winner is...
Kitchen Garden Foods, Stroud
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 3 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 4 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 5 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
Products from Kitchen Garden Foods are said to have a real local feel to them, rather than being mass produced. They noted their links with other local businesses to produce foods and a fantastic range of different products means there is something for everyone.
To find out more about our Cotswold Food and Drink Awards 2017 and our sponsors, visit foodawards.cotswoldlife.co.uk.