Picanha - a taste of South America in Chester
- Credit: Archant
In Brazil, Picanha is the very best cut of meat, famed for its succulent texture and exceptional flavour. It’s from this celebrated cut that the authentic Brazilian restaurant takes its name.
Set in a city steeped in history and boastful of its cultural heritage, Picanha by Fazenda brings a taste of South America amongst decadent surroundings, in an atmosphere that depicts the modernity of true ‘churrascaria’ dining; offering guests a truly unique experience.
Fusing the traditional gaúcho-style cooking and rodizio dining that has become increasingly popular in the UK, Picanha by Fazenda offers guests a selection of up to eleven grilled meats of the finest quality. Alongside the signature Picanha (pronounced pee-can-ya), other tender cuts of meat include sirloin (contra-filé), gammon and pineapple (presunto com abacaxi) and the firm favourite: lamb (cordeiro).
Rodizio, meaning ‘to rotate’ derives from the tradition whereby Passadores offer continuous tableside service, expertly carving each cut as and when you prefer. Guests can use a small double sided card to control the flow of their meats, requesting their particularly preferred cuts if desired.
The journey however, extends beyond the succulent selection of meats. Guests can indulge in freshly prepared salads, cured meats and cheeses as well as the traditional Brazilian dish Feijoada (black bean and pork stew) from Picanha’s salad bar.
Passionate about exquisite wines, Picanha’s diverse wine list curated by highly knowledgeable sommeliers features the very best South American wines to perfectly complement the meats, with an offering for all palates.
01244 311 839
- 1 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 4 8 beautiful towns in Kent to visit over Christmas
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 7 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 8 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 9 12 of the best Christmas events in Surrey
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
City Gates, 27 Newgate St, Chester, CH1 1DQ