The Oakhouse Hotel & Restaurant
- Credit: Archant
We’re very proud of the great reputation we have for the dining at the Oakhouse.
Our Head Chef Jacob Piggott and his team deliver exceptional standards that we are confident you will enjoy.
Food plays a hugely important part in your special day, which is why we not only offer fully designed menu's for you, but bespoke menus to your needs too. Anything can be done when it comes to your wedding breakfast choice and whatever you choose to have on your menu, we will deliver with passion, whether this be a tapas buffet, a roast lunch or a beef wellington formal sit down breakfast.
Parts of the Oak House date from the 11th century. Inside, a stylish mix of old and new places it at the boutique end of the design spectrum.
Steaks are cooked on the grill - 10oz rib-eye, say - and arrive with triple-cooked chips, field mushroom and tomato, plus a choice of sauces. Starters include a seafood cocktail (crab, crayfish and prawns) or a tasting of pork which includes a pulled pork bonbon and Bramley apple purée.
Spiced monkish is an alternative to the red meat, accompanied by onion bhaji and textures of beetroot and sweet potato. For dessert, 'chocolate orange' combines chocolate soil, honeycomb and orange powder.
Rediscover The Oakhouse Hotel Restaurant and Bar situated in Axbridge's wonderful medieval square.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 5 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 9 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
Renowned for opulent afternoon teas, local ales, ciders and gins, and dining from fine to tapas and back again, visit to be among the first to rediscover The Mendip's hidden gem.
Telephone: 01934 732444