Preserved lemon, roast beetroot and chickpea crouton salad with tahini dressing
- Credit: Archant
This makes a great light lunch or is delicious served alongside a dish of spring lamb
2 bags salad leaves
2 preserved lemons flesh removed and finely chopped
2 medium beetroot
1 small tin chickpeas
1 small egg white
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 7 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
1/2tsp each ground cumin and coriander
Salt and pepper
For the dressing
3tbsp lemon juice
4tbsps light tahini
1 crushed garlic clove
Sea salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Prick the beetroot and place on a tray in the oven for about one hour until cooked through. Peel, chop into 2cm pieces and set aside.
2. Make the chickpeas. Pre-heat a grill. Lightly whisk the egg white until loose. Add the chickpeas and toss to coat. Mix together the spices and some salt and pepper. Roll the chickpeas in the spice mixture. Now place on a tray under the grill and cook until golden and crisp, turning regularly. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix together the dressing ingredients. Add water tablespoon by tablespoon until you have a smooth consistency that you like. Season to taste.
4. Toss the salad leaves with the beetroot, chickpeas and preserved lemons then drizzle over your dressing.