Festive walnut and cranberry tart
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Grease a deep 18cm/7in loosebottomed fluted flan tin with butter
250g plain flour
125g unsalted butter
1tbsp icing sugar
1 whole medium egg
1tbsp iced water
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 9 Things to do on a rainy day in Surrey
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
200g shelled walnuts
50g dried cranberries
200g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
3 large free-range eggs
Zest and juice of one unwaxed lemon
1 Start by making the pastry: Sift the flour and the icing sugar. Add the butter, rub in to make a coarse
2 Add the beaten egg, and if required the iced water. Combine to make the pastry.
3 Roll out on a floured surface.
4 Pick up the pastry using the rolling pin, place on to the flan tin.
5 Carefully line the tin. Trim the edges.
6 Pinch to bring the pastry proud of the tin. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
7 Line with greaseproof and baking beans. Bake from frozen for 10 minutes at 200C/Gas 6. Remove the paper and bake for a further five minutes.
8 Lightly roast the walnuts for five minutes.
9 Put 150g of them through a food processor, add to the remaining 50g.
10 Mix in the sugar.
11 Add the honey.
12 Add the eggs.
13 Add the softened butter.
14 Add the juice and zest of the lemon.
15 Add the cranberries.
16 Spoon the mixture into the pastry tart. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. The centre should still be soft. Dust with icing sugar and decorate with cranberries and holly.