Review: Indian Brasserie, Cheltenham
- Credit: Archant
With a focus on creating healthier Indian cuisine, and using only natural ingredients, its clear to see the Indian Brasserie want to ensure diners enjoy flavoursome and authentic dishes
In February, chef and owner Mannan Abdul invited guests to sample the entirely gluten-free menu of the Indian Brasserie on Cheltenham’s vibrant Bath Road.
With a focus on creating healthier Indian cuisine, and using only natural ingredients, Mannan has a clear passion for ensuring diners enjoy flavoursome and authentic Southern Indian, Balti and Tandoori fare.
Diners are spoilt for choice when it comes to Indian cuisine in the town, however, by offering a 100% gluten-free menu, the Indian Brasserie is a step-ahead in catering for those following a gluten-free diet.
Guests were served samples of dishes the extensive menu has to offer; from deliciously light popadoms with homemade chutney right through to banana and sultana for dessert, a perfect antidote to a sweet tooth.
Starters included chicken strips marinated with southern Indian spices, a beef kebab served with chutney and, a personal favourite of mine, a piece of fresh cod coated in chickpea flour with ginger, mustard, roasted garlic, fresh lemon juice and Kashmiri chillies.
This was followed by a variety of mains including melt-in-the-mouth lamb shank served with rice flour bread and seabass with broccoli, all beautifully presented on the plate.
The restaurant boasts a contemporary feel with modern interiors, intimately lit by candlelight and feels miles away from the busy Bath Road which just lies outside its front doors. All the staff were welcoming and engaging, and added to the atmospheric evening enjoyed by the mixture of guests and evening diners on that Monday night.
To find out more, visit the website here.
Click here to book a table or call 01242 231350.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
Indian Brasserie, 146 Bath Road, Cheltenham, GL53 7NG