Suffolk pub wins national award as Dining Pub of the Year
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk pub has been awarded a national accolade in The Good Pub Guide’s 2021 awards
In a year that’s been extremely difficult for many in the hospitality industry, we at Suffolk Mag believe that there is no better time to celebrate our local pubs and give them as much of a boost as possible.
An estimated 2,000 pubs have closed in 2020 with more suffering financially in an already struggling sector.
In better news, The Good Pub Guide has released the winners of its national awards for 2021 with a Suffolk pub taking the prize in one of the 15 categories.
The Dining Pub of the Year was awarded to Bromeswell’s Unruly Pig pub. The red brick pub is known for its great British food with a twist of Italian.
Full list of national winners
• Pub of the Year: The Olive Branch, Rutland & Leicestershire
- 1 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 2 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 3 Cornish Legends: The Mermaid of Zennor
- 4 7 places for the perfect picnic in Dorset
- 5 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 6 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 7 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 8 Why Cornwall is so different from its neighbouring counties
- 9 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 10 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
• Dining Pub of the Year: Unruly Pig, Bromeswell, Suffolk
• New Pub of the Year: The Boat, Erbistock, Wrexham (Wales)
• Own Brew Pub of the Year: Dipton Mill Inn, Northumbria
• Beer Pub of the Year: Fat Cat, Norwich, Norfolk
• Whisky Pub of the Year: Bon Accord, Glasgow (Scotland)
• Wine Pub of the Year: Woods, Dulverton, Somerset
• Pub of the Year: Cholmondeley Arms, Malpas, Cheshire
• Unspoilt Pub of the Year: White Lion, Barthomley, Crewe, Cheshire
• Town Pub of the Year: The Lion Inn, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire
• Country Pub of the Year: Royal Oak, Fritham, Lyndhurst, Hampshire
• Inn of the Year: The Kings Head, Bledington, Oxfordshire
• Value Pub of the Year: Drake Manor, Yelverton, Devon
• Lincensees of the Year: Jeannette and Anthony Goodrich of the Rose & Crown, Snettisham, Norfolk
• Brewery of the Year: Shepherd Neame, Faversham, Kent