The Grove Arms, Shaftesbury
- Credit: Archant
The Grove Arms is a 16th Century country inn nestled in the village of Ludwell.
The Grove hosts 6 4* en suite letting rooms with a main bar and restaurant welcoming all through its doors.
The menu is a classic take on put food with all your pub classics available, complimented by a varied specials board hosting local cuisine including fresh fish and local butchers faggots all equally popular with those passing our door.
Sue Craig has run our kitchen for 3 years and works hard with her team to ensure her home cooked food is consistent and tasting perfect every time.
Service is taken seriously by our team and we work hard to make sure all feel welcome though our doors - for the summer season we have the sun terrace to the rear which is perfect for a lunch time meeting place or indeed an afternoon tipple from one of our many gins available behind the bar.
We attract many walkers who are making the most of our location right next to the Wessex Ridgeway which runs to the north of the property passing right by our front door. Walkers are welcome to stay with us, resting in our residents lounge following an action packed day covering many miles of stunning Dorset countryside.
The Grove Arms is completely dog friendly, offering both a Mutt's Menu and the Doggie Dinner option for those joining us of the furry kind. We have dog beds and bowls available upon request and a towel or two to make sure they are as snuggled into our rooms as their owners are.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 4 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 7 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 8 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 9 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 10 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
Address: The Grove Arms, Ludwell