19 cottages that will make you want to move to Kent
- Credit: Nigel S / Flickr
These cosy chocolate-box cottages in Kent are the stuff of dreams and will make you want to move to the county known as 'The Garden of England' immediately.
Since the onset of the pandemic, many people are leaving large cities (most significantly London) and are moving to the country, searching for a simpler and quieter life. Also, 2020 saw the rise of a charming internet lifestyle aesthetic called 'Cottagecore', which went viral on Instagram and TikTok. It promotes slow-living amongst nature; think Thomas Hardy's Far from the Madding Crowd but with modern sensibilities.
Here are 19 gorgeous cottages to fuel your Cottagecore obsession
1. Chantry Cottage, Otford
2. The Old School House, Stalisfield
3. Biddenden Village
4. Clements' Cottage, Chilham
- 1 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 8 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 9 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 10 Meet this year's Yorkshire contestant for the Great British Bake Off
19. Prospect Cottage, Dungeness
Read more of the best Kent content: