2012 Preston Guild - The Spirit of '42 Ball
Preston at last celebrated the Guild that didn't happen, with a ball evoking the spirit of 42.
Preston at last celebrated the Guild that didn’t happen, with a ball evoking the spirit of 42.
The wartime Guild was cancelled but as part of this year’s celebrations the city returned to the 1940s with a special evening which included live music, authentic cocktails, cabaret and dance lessons.
Staff at the event, which was held on Avenham Park, were dressed in 1940s uniform and many of the guests looked the part too as they enjoyed a special menu created by Paul Heathcote and danced into the night.
Photography by: John Cocks
All Rights Reserved : The Reel Businesswww.thereelbusiness.co.ukMusic Copyright : Creative Music CollectiveFor more information on images and/ or music please contact:hello@email@example.com
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 8 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 9 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings