Lancashire's movers and shakers at 10 Downing Street
There was a red rose take over at 10 Downing Street when a reception brought together some of the North West's 'movers and shakers'.
There was a red rose take over at 10 Downing Street when a reception brought together some of the North West’s ‘movers and shakers’.
Influential people from across the region attended the event, hosted by the Prime Minister’s wife Samantha Cameron, along with a host of celebrity friends who came along to celebrate all that is great about Lancashire.
Lancashire businessman Kevin Horkin, a former Lancashire Community Foundation Philanthropist of the year and organiser of the event, said: ‘Samantha Cameron very graciously agreed to host the event which was attended by people who share one thing in common; they all love Lancashire’.
The Lancashire Community Foundation forms a central body for helping to support good causes. ‘Philanthropy is vitally important, especially in these uncertain times where some people in local communities are really struggling. If philanthropy can meet community needs and support local aspirations then it is to be encouraged and celebrated,’ said Kevin Horkin.
Photography: Glynn Ward
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 8 great family walks in the North West
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 9 6 great walks near Skipton
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire