Thoresby Country Fair - Falconry *VIDEO*
- Credit: Archant
The Thoresby Park Country Fair March 1st / 2nd 2014 Thoresby Park, Near Ollerton, Nottinghamshire, NG22 9EH
Marvel at the beauty of the majestic Birds of Prey at the Falconry Village. They swoop to conquer!
The vibrancy of the The Falconry Village stands out. A multitude of native and worldwide Birds of Prey gathered together, just waiting for their chance to fly!
The village encompasses a flying arena, an indoor training arena, specialised stalls, static displays and resident expert falconers. Falconry is an all important part of all Living Heritage fairs and has been since 1985.
The Falconry Village has two aims; Firstly, to give visitors the thrill of spectacular flying displays, creating memories to last a lifetime!
And secondly, to create a wonderful area where visitors meet the world of falconry, where they can enjoy and explore all aspects of the sport, including health, welfare and legal issues.
The first ever Falconry Village was introduced at the Sandringham Game and Country Fair several years ago and proved an instant success. Now the Falconry Village has grown to become popular with visitors & falconers alike.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 6 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 7 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 8 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
- 9 Why Ashbourne needs to be your next family outing
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
Local Falconry and Hawking Clubs add to the village at shows throughout the year. Their appearances help to attract would-be falconers into the exciting world of falconry. Lantra representives are at the fairs to help with an introduction to falconry courses as well.