The Bath Priory Limited, is delighted to announce the aquisition of four additional properties
The Bath Priory Limited, owner of Gidleigh Park, The Bath Priory and Sydney House Chelsea, is delighted to announce the successful acquisition of four additional properties.
The Bath Priory Limited, owner of Gidleigh Park, The Bath Priory and Sydney House Chelsea, is delighted to announce the successful acquisition of four additional properties, Lower Slaughter Manor, Amberley Castle, Buckland Manor and Washbourne Court.
Andrew Brownsword who already owns the Abode group of Hotels now firmly establishes himself as one of the UK’s most ambitious hoteliers, with a unique and truly special collection of individual hotels.
Andrew Brownsword commented:
“I am very proud to be the custodian of these four new hotels which will over the next few years be redirected and refurbished to the highest of standards in comfort and hospitality under the Brownsword Hotels umbrella.”
The new properties add significant value and opportunity to Brownsword Hotels and Nick Halliday has been appointed as CEO of the enlarged group, transferring from his position as Managing Director of ABode Hotels. Nick, who joined the group in 2004 to develop ABode Hotels, is now tasked with developing one of the UK’s most exclusive hotel collections, incorporating Andrew’s key values of originality, personality and quality.
Nick Halliday commented:
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 6 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 7 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
“I feel honoured by the opportunity to lead and develop this business for the Brownsword family. I am also fortunate to be able to count on the support and experience of Michael Caines and Sue Williams as well as the depth of talent and skill that exists across our estate.”
Gidleigh Park, beautifully restored and refurbished under Andrew Brownsword’s guidance and ownership since 2005, will sit firmly at the forefront of the group, which is sympathetically balanced between ABode’s boutique presence in superb city centre locations and the splendid collection of luxury country house hotels of which the four new properties form a large part.